Precautions when using G’FIVE mobiles
- Do not place the phone in damp places so as to protect the device from moisture;
- Do not place the phone together with hard objects so as to prevent the device from getting scratched;
- Do not disassemble the phone by yourself, if the phone does not work correctly, go to authorized service center in your local area;
- Do not use accessories such as batteries, chargers, data cables and earphones made by unauthorized manufacturers;
- Do not charge the phone for too long time. It should not be over 24 hours;
- Keep the phone away from strong magnetic field.
What are the factors that affect the standby time of my phone?
The standby time of your phone depends on many factors. It is directly affected by the signal strength of your local network, call duration, time used as well as the number of messages sent and received. It is also determined by the battery capacity and hardware configurations (such as the size and material of LCD).
What should I do if the phone can not be powered on?
- Check and see if there is residual power in the battery or if the battery can be charged normally.
- Check and see if the phone can be powered on normally after changing the battery.
- Please send the phone to designated service center for detection if the problem is caused by the phone.
Why is "Invalid SIM" shown on my phone?
SIM card is a small card used in the phone to access the mobile network. In almost all cases, you are advised to resort to your operators or service suppliers with regard to SIM card problems.
Your phone will display SIM card error messages in any of the following conditions:
- SIM card not aligned. You may need to calibrate the SIM card if you have dropped, knocked or unfolded the phone. Install the SIM card by following the instructions supplied.
- Your SIM card would be disabled once a wrong PUK (PIN Unblocking Key) is entered for many times. If the SIM card was disabled permanently, please contact your operator or service supplier to get a new SIM card.
- You have changed a service supplier. This may because your SIM card or your phone was configurated specifically for the previous operator, in this case, you need to re-configure the settings. Please contact your operator or service supplier for help.
If you keep receiving error messages while you are not in the above mentioned conditions, your SIM card might have been damaged. Please contact your operator or service supplier to test and/or change your SIM card.
What should I do if the signal is unstable, the sound quality is poor or sound is frequently interrupted when making a call.
- Check if it is caused by weak network signal or shield.
- If the phone is found problematic, send it to the service center once.
What is Bluetooth?
Bluetooth is a radio technology which supports short-range communications (within 10m).It enables wireless data exchange between devices such as mobile phone, PDA, wireless earphone, laptop and other peripherals. Bluetooth just simplifies the communication between mobile communication terminals, also it simplifies the communication between devices and Internet successfully. All these make data transfer more speedy and effective, and paves the way for wireless communication.
What is GPRS？
GPRS is short for General Packet Radio Service. It is a new data bearer service developed based on the existing GSM system to provide packet data service for GSM users. By upgrading software and adding necessary modules, it realizes packet data transfer with existing GSM radio data.GSM bears GPRS service without the need to abort other services, for example, voice calls. GPRS is a network extension on radio applications. GPRS supports virtual link which improves the utilization of radio resources. Network applications such as FTP, WEB browser, E-MAIL and TELNET can all be used on GPRS platform.
What is the PIN/PIN2/PUK/PUK2 code?
- The most commonly used password is PIN, you may set your own PIN, activate or deactivate the PIN by following the relevant instructions in the User Manual.
- PIN2 is the 2nd tier PIN for some features on your phone. It works in the same way as PIN does.
- If a wrong PIN is entered for many times, you might be requested to input the PUK code (Personal Unlocking Key). The PUK is an 8-digit pass code provided by your operator or service provider.
- If a wrong PIN2 is entered for many times, you might be requested to input the PUK2.
Some MP4 videos downloaded from the Internet cannot be played on my phone, why?
Some videos cannot be played because their resolution are not supported by your phone, you will first need to convert these videos. When converting the video, just set to the resolutions that are supported by your phone. For the resolution of your phone, please refer to the User Manual.
How to view the IMEI no. of my phone?
In standby screen, input *#06# to show the number. You may also remove the battery, the IMEI no. is indicated on the battery cover or in the battery compartment, or find the IMEI no. on the packaging box.
How long should I charge the battery for the first time?
Please read the User Manual supplied with your phone for instructions on battery charging. If the charging time is not indicated in the User Manual: the first charge should be between 12-14 hours, but should not be longer than 24 hours. It does not make any difference when charging with the phone or the charging standard. When the battery is not used for a long time, charge the battery for a little longer (4-5 hours) so as to activate the Lithium-ion within the battery. You may remove the battery when the phone or the charger indicates that charging is complete.
What should I do if the T-Flash card can be recognized by the PC, but not by the phone?
- On your PC, format the memory card in FAT; Then insert the T-Flash card into the phone, when the phone prompts that the memory card is not formatted, select Format.
- Check to see if the metal contacts of the memory card slot is clean.
- Try other T-Flash cards to determine if the memory card or the phone is problematic.
- If the phone is found to be problematic, take it to your local service center.
What conditions are required for a phone to use WAP?
- The WAP function is provided by the phone
- Apply and subscribe WAP service to your mobile operator.
- Set the WAP parameters correctly on your phone.
- Access to the Internet using a WAP browser.
What is the operating temperature of my phone?
The operating temperature of the phone is:-10℃--50℃
What is WAP?
WAP, the abbreviation of Wireless Application Protocol, bridges the gap between the wireless communication network and Internet. The standard integrates the various new technologies in fields like computer, network and telecommunication, it enables the telecom operators, Internet service providers and other online service providers to offer unprecedented interactive services to the mass mobile users. With this communication protocol, the wireless communication users can access whatever websites at anytime, anywhere.
How to transfer files via Bluetooth?
First turn on the Bluetooth on both devices on which you want to transfer files, and set the phones to "Discoverable". Now, search on one device for another, and pair the target phone you found. You may need to set up a pair pass code, which can be a random 4-digit pass code. When two devices are paired successfully, files can be transferred from one device to another.